Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blogrimage Challenge Day 12/30 Shot A GUN!

Never before have I held or seen a gun in real life.  Friday was a pretty chilly day and rainy.  I got to hang out with Ryan Issac a friend and band member at Momentum at Cornerstone Church in Highland.

He came to pick me up at the Kalowick residence.  I was just getting ready to nap.  While I grabbed my stuff.  My "mom" Cary Kalowick that Ryan was here for Suzy.  so because parents like to do background check on friends who are guys she  opened the door and told Ryan "which one are you" ( I had no idea until I got home after dinner time we were laughing so hard in the kitchen) she felt bad but it made sense both ways to look out for me and her own daughter of course :D Go Cary! haha

So as we headed out we were both semi casually dressed Ryan says  we are going to the Gun Range near Ann Arbor! I was just shocked and excited at the same time! I love to try new things and thought it would be great!  We went there first because they were only open til 7pm so we would have some time (plus the drive).

Getting there I had to go through the process and quick guidelines to going into the back to shoot.  This was real I'm about to shoot a gun at a target! Whoah! I debated of getting  a target that had Asama bid laden as a target but just when whit the black and orange one.  Ryan showed me how to load the gun, the safety, and how to hold it.  I felt so cool like charlies angel! haha...

There were other people in there and while having my safety glasses and ear muffs on I heard the gunshots and just jumped every time I heard it go off! It was a bit intimidating! Guns are no joke and I thought why do people do this for recreation?  I'm not a huge supporter of guns but I understand the need for safety in some cases and sport.

I got to shoot up a target never got a bulls eye but maybe some other time.  I actually missed and shot the clip hanging the target. First thing the lad y told me was don't shoot this, people like to shoot shiny things. I just thought I had pretty good aim shooting the clip that was small (even though it wasn't on purpose).

It was fun and had Asian when we left so some hole in the wall restaurant in Ann Arbor.  It was good. 


-Love Nanners

Follow for more photos and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment