Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blogrimage Challenge Day 13/30 DETROIT 72nd Floor

Jaleb Gillman, Nataly Nogoy and I had always planned on going on a trip to Detroit to hang out together! SO it worked out that Saturday would work great!  It was a fun filled day. Had Jen and Matt Foss's baby shower, my date in Detroit and work in Detroit after. Quite the adventure.

I was on my way to Detroit to pick up Nataly and we would meet up Jaleb.  I don't have GPS or an iphone anymore and my ipod only works in wifi.  So I called Nataly to get directions to her school.  We met up around 5pm and I was so excited.  As we waited for Jaleb we got to catch up and talk and just talked life and recent life changes. Nataly had just driven back from Florida in Panama City which she got to evangelize with some people from her school (GO GIRL!) I got to hear that and just how she was doing.

Jaleb met us at Starbucks on Woodward.  The way he was coming the freeway was closed so he had to take a detour and meet up a little later.  No time was wasted.  We parked there and Nataly had some coffee :) They asked me what I wanted to eat and I asked if they had a preference.  I love Asian food so Nataly suggested Wasabi.

Jaleb decided to drive us and Nataly navigated us :)  Loved the view.  It was great because believe it or not it was pretty quiet not a lot of traffic and just was awesome.

We got to Wasabi. It looked cool when we got in there. We had no idea what we would order.  Nataly had some Wasabi Shumai-Steamed wasabi-flavored pork dumplings. I ordered  Bibimbab - Assorted vegetables over rice with beef and fried egg served with Korean hot paste on the side.  I think Jaleb had Seafood Yaki Soba- Pan-friend noodles with shrimp, scallops and fresh vegetables.  Anyway we all split the food because mine ended up being  massive bowl of food.  I still have left overs.  We ate with chopsticks (some of us didn't know how to use them...haha but I refreshed their memory hahaha).

We talked about life and God and just caught up I loved hearing about their lives and family life and what their doing. The Lord's time is never wasted :) It's preparation.  We encouraged each other in where we are now in the now and to be able to rely on God.

Time flew by and we just laughed and talked, I told them I had photo gig to do work at in the Renaissance city at coach insignia.  Those words meant nothing to me. But Nataly was like no way that is the best restaurant view of the city and it actually used to rotate while people eat so you can see it all it is great! SO that just made me really excited.

I thought it would be a good idea to take Jaleb along to finish up the night.   I didn't know my way around the city to well so Jaleb drove and led the way and I told  him he could come up to see while my co workers and I set up. It was a cool drive I followed in my car and I never seen so many cool lights I love looking at all the signs Fox theatre and Hard Rock Cafe, other places so sweet!  I called for directions and all and so it ended up being we got free valet parking and then because of camera gear we got the basement tour and ended up in Coach Insignia it was such a great view! I thought it would be cool if he could come with so he could experience it too!  So glad he came he would have totally missed out. Plus it was on the 72nd foor! Jaleb helped my co workers and I unload our gear fro mteh trolly. Hung out for a bit he scoped out the place while I worked.  It was great. He headeed out and I had to stay and work a party so yeah that's all folks.






-Love Nanners

Follow for more photos and updates!

Bibimbab $ 8.99
Assorted vegetables over rice with beef and fried egg
served with Korean hot paste on the side

Bibimbab $ 8.99
Assorted vegetables over rice with beef and fried egg
served with Korean hot paste on the side

Bibimbab $ 8.99
Assorted vegetables over rice with beef and fried egg
served with Korean hot paste on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment